Sunday, October 24, 2010

Motivate & "De-Motivate" Exam Posters

After tweaking the final copy the way I wanted, you can see a drastic change in the colors I decided to use.  I also took it upon myself to change the character to add a little more "pizzaz" to the piece.  With him "winking and thinking", it adds a certain emphasis on the point that's being illustrated.  I'm sure the "Wanna Be a Billionaire So Freaking Bad" is pretty recognizable upon many college students, so I'm pretty sure they can identify with the message I wanted to convey as well.


I had a little trouble with this poster, simply because of the word choice and how I would align its text. I realize that when you pass a poster or a billboard, you only have a split second to be able to grab someone's attention, so instead of having some long, drawn out I chose to play with the words "Why Cram?". It's simple, it's readable, and it gets straight to the point.  I originally had the words aligned next to the books, but I figured that would look pretty "plane-Jane".  Instead, I incorporated everything together and came up with the final illustration.

3 comments:

  1. I like both of your posters. Is the little person on the books supposed to be like the little angel on someone's shoulder telling them to do the right thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty good, but I really like the second one. I think one or both of the two bottom books should be black to balance the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Heather - Thank you! The little person is actually supposed to be a student; feeling the pressure of classes, exams, and studying.

    @ Victor - I'm taking your advice. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete